Educated at the University of Winnipeg in Canada (BA), the University of Wales, College of Cardiff (LLB), the University of Southern Queensland in Australia (M.Ed.), and the English Learning Centre in London, UK (TESL Certificate)
Over the past 20+ years, I have had the opportunity to teach and design a wide range of English Language based courses ranging from Law, Fintech, International Commerce, Public Speaking, and Graduate/Under-Graduate English in South Korea, Lingnan University & The Chinese University of Hong Kong in Hong Kong.
In addition to my teaching duties, I was responsible for the development and running of CEAL English Language Support Service at Lingnan University , which provided a range of academic and social English enhancement programmes run by our Visiting English Tutors (VETs).
My research projects have focused on independent learning, utilizing ubiquitous devices to enhance language learning, integrating technology into the classroom via multi-modal e-books, creating blended learning exercises, and comprehensive discipline based mini-lectures.
Finally, in 2013 I brought TEDx to Lingnan University. organizing a multitude of mainstage and Salon events. Currently I am an advisor for TEDxCUHK.
In my free time, I enjoy travelling (80+ countries), Scuba-diving (Dive Master) and spending time with my family.
- Lingnan University Teaching Excellence Award 2013/14
- Lingnan University’s Significant Contribution to OBE Award 2015/16
- Lingnan University’s Significant Contribution to OBE Award 2016/17
- Lingnan University Teaching Excellence Certificate of Merit – Team Teaching 2016/17
- Turnitin Global Innovation Awards – Honourable Mention 2017
- Lingnan University Teaching Excellence Award 2017/18
- UGC Teaching Award Fellow – Hong Kong Teaching Excellence Alliance (HKTEA) 2019 – present
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong – ELTU Teaching Excellence Award (2020–2021)